To run our exciting programs every year, we need parent participation. There are many ways to become an active PTO member, and we’d like to help you do so! Here are a few ideas:
Keep In Touch
- Attend a PTO meeting. If you can’t, stay in the loop by reading the Meeting Minutes.
- If attending a meeting is challenging, write us an email with your concerns and ideas.
- Fill out our parent survey so we can get to know you and your family better.
- Be informed about what’s happening at Thompson by reading our weekly newsletter.
- Share community events that could interest Thompson parents by publishing them in our weekly electronic newsletter. Email content to email@example.com.
- Subscribe to our Google calendar and be up to date with our events.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Become a room parent. Each classroom at Thompson has one or two room parents who serve as a liaison between the teacher and the other parents in the classroom.
- Chaperone a field trip.
- Volunteer to help teachers with other curriculum-driven activities in the classroom.
- Spend an hour of your time at school making copies.
- Can’t come to school to volunteer? Bake a treat for our occasional bake sale or help with our marketing campaigns.
- Volunteer your time to help during one of our popular community events by responding to a SignupGenius form.
- If you’ve volunteered and are ready for more commitment, become a committee member and be part of planning one of our events!
- Make a financial contribution to the annual Direct Donation Drive.
- Buy the Arlington Community Card and sell a few more to friends and neighbors.
- Start all your AMAZON purchases on the PTO website.
- Take a few minutes to learn about our other fundraising partners: Box Tops, Stop & Shop, and Maxima Gift Center.