To run our exciting programs every year, we need parent participation. There are many ways to become an active PTO member, and we’d like to help you do so! Here are a few ideas:
Keep In Touch
- Attend a PTO meeting. If you can’t, stay in the loop by reading the meeting minutes (shared following each meeting).
- If attending a meeting is challenging, write us an email with your thoughts and ideas.
- Be informed about what’s happening at Thompson by reading our weekly newsletter.
- Share community events that could interest Thompson parents by publishing them in our weekly electronic newsletter. Email content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Become a room representative. Each classroom at Thompson has one or two room representatives who serve as a liaison between the teacher and the other parents in the classroom.
- Volunteer your time to help during one of our popular community events by reaching out to the PTO Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com), filling out your interest on our Volunteer Form, or watching for Sign-Up Genius emails during event planning.
- Chaperone a field trip.
- If you are ready for even more commitment, become a committee member and help plan one of our events!