To run our exciting programs every year, we need parent participation. There are many ways to become an active PTO member, and we’d like to help you do so! Here are a few ideas:
Keep In Touch
- Attend a PTO meeting. If you can’t, stay in the loop by reading the Meeting Minutes.
- If attending a meeting is challenging, write us an email with your concerns and ideas.
- Be informed about what’s happening at Thompson by reading our weekly newsletter.
- Share community events that could interest Thompson parents by publishing them in our weekly electronic newsletter. Email content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to our Google calendar and be up to date with our events.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
COVID Note: If you would like to volunteer with Thompson students, you need to complete a CORI form (download here or see Ms. Vicki Rose) and show Principal Donato proof of your vaccinated status. You should also have a mask available to wear indoors.
- Become a room representative. Each classroom at Thompson has one or two room representatives who serve as a liaison between the teacher and the other parents in the classroom.
- Volunteer your time to help during one of our popular community events by reaching out to the PTO Volunteer Coordinator (email@example.com), filling out your interest on our Volunteer Form (https://tinyurl.com/pineapplevolunteer), or watching for Sign-Up Genius emails during event planning.
- Chaperone a field trip.
- If you are ready for even more commitment, become a committee member (https://tinyurl.com/pineapplevolunteer) and help plan one of our events!
- Make a financial contribution to the annual Direct Donation Drive.
- Buy the Arlington Community Card and sell a few more to friends and neighbors.
- Do your Amazon shopping at AmazonSmile and pick Thompson School PTO as your charity of choice. (Questions? Learn more about AmazonSmile fundraising.)
- Take a few minutes to learn about our other fundraising partners: Box Tops and Maxima Gift Center.