Each classroom at Thompson School has one or two Room Parents who serve as a liaison between the teacher and the other parents in the classroom. Room Parent duties vary by teacher, but some of the expectations and responsibilities might include:
- Helping the teacher with classroom supplies
- Helping the teacher plan special classroom celebrations
- Recruiting chaperones for field trips and in-house activities
- Coordinating classroom-wide gifts for the teacher throughout the year
- Communicating with classroom parents via email on behalf of the teacher and the PTO
If you’re interested in being a Room Parent for 2019-20, email Christy Murphy-Macinta for more information!