Principal: Karen Donato
Teacher’s Rep: Alison O’Mahony
Co-presidents: Diana Trudell & Nandana Mewada
Vice-President: Yael Beals
Co-treasurers: Sara Wilkinson & Carolyn Schneyer
Co-secretaries: Emily Gauthier & Fiona Ehring
Fundraising: Juliet Moir
Arlington Community Card: Ashley Lorenz & Gaggi DeStefanis
Enrichment: Maf Terry & Tonja Bishop
Communications: Danielle Gottesman
Spirit & Appreciation: Judy Hu & Melissa Crowley
Room Parents: Sarah Gupta
Volunteers: Kate Murphy
Diana Trudell, Carolyn Schneyer, Sara Wilkinson, Fiona Ehring, Tim Macinta, Christy Murphy-Macinta, Tonja Bishop, Ashley Lorenz, Melissa Crowley, Kate Murphy, Judy Hu, Yael Beals, Maf Terry, Nicole Flory, Juliet Moir, Gaggi DeStefanis, Nelson Valada?sp
Mrs. Donato’s update
- Construction update
- still no final date of completion, due to status of fire rated glass installment in multi-purpose room.
- closed back stairwell for safety reasons, checking into using both. Ellen Digby hired to oversee use.
- Grades are sharing lunch periods, may shift back to single grade lunch.
5th Grade classes currently in the modulars will move to the 3rd floor in the new addition. Modulars will be used until the end of the year for extra curriculars and storage.
- Looking into hiring more specialist providers, reading, math
Budget overview and approval 2017-2018 – Sara Wilkinson , Carolyn Schneyer
- Budget was unanimously approved
- PTO budget for 2017-2018 is $68,230 fundraising this school year pays for 2018-2019 events
- 5th grade enrollment is up by 31 students, from 50 to 81. A discussion of graduation expenses is on the list for next month’s meeting.
- Several new line items were introduced.
- Classroom teacher gift supplement fund
- Grade 4 MFA field trip
- Grade 2 Puppet Showplace field trip
- Grade 1 Puppet Showplace field trip
- Community Card – Ashley Lorenz
- $10 card that gives you discounts on local businesses, runs September to September every year
- 1137 cards sold so far
- New twitter account: @arlcommcard, help out with promotion by taking and posting photos at your favorite Community Card business
- Current sales markets:
- Book Rack
- Menotomy Wine & Spirits (new)
- Farmer’s Market
- Parent Sales
- Movie Night
- Morning PTO meetings will continue. A convenient way to update those who are not able to make the evening meetings.
- Room parent roster is almost full. One more room parent needed in first grade
- Annual Parent Survey
- Custodial Workers Day was last week, Mr. Brahim was very happy to be appreciated.
- Walk/ ride to school day was very popular. We need more bike racks!
Direct Donation Drive – Juliet Moir
- Direct donation campaign is up to almost 80 families and the goal this year is 250. Facebook link to paypal.
Enrichment Update – Maf Terry, Tonja Bishop
- 1. Picture Day 10/12
- Movie Night 10/13
- Book Fair 12/11-12/15
- Literacy Night 12/12
- Winter Parents Party Date TBD
- Chair Winter Parent’s Party – January/February. Date TBD We are currently searching for a venue. Please let Gaggi DeStephanis or Ashley Lorenz know if you have any ideas or leads.
- Chair Literacy Night – December, book fair week of December 11 –The Book Rack will run it and added online ordering.